Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is the leading university of Kazakhstan, which aims to enter the global educational and scientific space and considers international cooperation and internationalization of activities to be one of the most important directions of development.
Engagement of foreign scientists and teachers for research activities is an important feature of expanding international scientific and educational relations of the University.
Foreign scientists have the opportunity to participate in scientific research in cooperation with leading scientists of the University in the following fields: life sciences, biotechnology and the environment; mathematics, informational technologies and engineering; chemical and technological sciences (chemistry and chemical technology); physical and technical sciences, nanotechnology and material science; social and human sciences.
Al-Farabi KazNU invites scientists from the United States, Western Europe and Asia:
- On the position of associate professor and professor for a period of one year or more;
- On the position of researcher in research institutes for a term of one year or more;
Essential duties of invited scientists:
- Collaborative work on conduction of joint research with the scientists of KazNU;
- Publication of joint articles in cooperation with KazNU scientists in journals with high impact factor / SJR, indexed by international databases Web of Science / Scopus;
- Preparation of applications needed to participate in international contests for the financing of scientific projects. There must be at least one project with funding from international funds and organizations during the year.
Social package and expenses:
- Accommodation for the invited foreign scientists will be provided by the Guest House of the University Campus;
- Expenses on round-trip airfare to be defrayed;
- Minimum costs of research to be refunded;
The amount of monthly salary, the obligation to publish articles in high-ranking journals and other conditions of employment at KazNU to be discussed with each applicant individually.
Candidates should send their CV and List of Publications to email@example.com until December 15, 2017.