Training can be held in organisations of various kind, including university centres. The mobility plan – the number of outbound staff and duration of mobilities – must be communicated to the UP IRO by the end of February. The names of the outbound staff and the mobility dates need to be reported ahead of the start of the mobility and in compliance with the UP IRO. Typically by mid-May for the fall semester and by mid-October for the summer semester.
Staff applying for training abroad must be employed by UP based on an employment contract. The FTE is irrelevant.
Staff interested in training should participate in a competitive selection at the sending department/faculty. While the selection criteria fall fully within the competence of the department/faculty, they must be transparent and fair. Applicants with no prior Erasmus+ training experience should have priority.
The sending department/faculty is responsible for following the qualification conditions and the selection procedure.
Duration of the activity
The maximum duration is 2 months and the minimum is 2 days. All trainings must be carried out in the given academic year from 1 July until 31 July (until 30 September in exceptional cases) of the following year.
Scope and format of training
No format is prescribed, as the training may involve training assignments at a partner organisation, job shadowing, a course etc. The condition is to acquire new competence and skills applicable at home organisation. Participation in conferences is not considered a training activity.
The scope of training should match the approved training programme and be sufficient to achieve the training goals.
Prior to your departure, the Mobility Agreement for Training needs to be prepared and approved. You can complete the Mobility Agreement in English or the language of the receiving institution. For the UP, the Mobility Agreement is signed by the head of the sending department/centre.
Prior to departure, the employee must sign the Grant Agreement, which specifies the conditions of the mobility activity, particularly the travel dates and maximum travel costs, at the UP IRO. Any amendments in the mobility details, made after the Grant Agreement has been signed, must be immediately communicated to the UP IRO.
Erasmus+ grant support for staff training
- Erasmus+ funds the days on which the training is held, including also one travel day before the activity and one travel day following the activity.
- Meal rates are based on the updated decree concerning the basic rates for meals abroad in the given calendar year, please check the website of the Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic .
- Trainees are required to use the cheapest possible means of transport, second class, air transport is allowed only for destinations that are over 500 km away
- Use of car is subject to prior approval of the UP IRO (Yvona Vyhnánková), reimbursement equals the price of second class rail fare based on a Czech Railways confirmation.
- Accommodation maximum rate is 100 EUR per night. If not possible to find adequate accommodation within this limit, it is necessary to get prior approval from UP IRO to using a more expensive accommodation.
- Prior to every business trip abroad, staff are required to fill in a valid Travel Abroad Request (TAR) and all its particulars and signatures. The TAR has to be submitted ahead of time to the relevant faculty officer for processing.
- Applicants need to submit a copy of their Grant Agreement to obtain the TAR.
- The applicant cannot travel without signing the Grant Agreement and arranging the TAR!
- The TAR is settled on condition the supporting documents are duly prepared. The receipts must be glued to an A4 sheet of paper; the receipts must not cover one another, must be legible (stamp, signature, amount, and currency), and sorted based on the type of expense and currency.
- Other costs are principally the use of public transport at the venue of activity. The TAR does not include costs of books, photocopying, museum and library admission, etc.
- Any tuition/participation fees must be covered from sources other than Erasmus grant.
- Request for refund must be submitted to the UP IRO (Petra Soldánová) no later than within 30 days from the mobility termination, and by 10 December at the end of the calendar year – any later submission must be arranged with Petra Soldánová
Confirmation of Training Assignment and Final Report
Upon return, the employee must submit the Confirmation of Erasmus+ Training Assignment in the required scope, issued by the receiving institution (department, faculty). The Confirmation of Training must include the name of the employee and receiving institution, the dates of the training, and the number of days of the training.
The confirmation must be submitted to UP IRO (Y. Vyhnánková) in original.
The employee is likewise obliged to complete the final report in the form of an online questionnaire. After the mobility, the employee will be invited to complete the online questionnaire in an email sent to the address indicated in the Grant Agreement.
All documents and forms are available in Documents.