CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 2018 Steinberg Post-Doctoral Fellowships
The Steinberg Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship was established in 2016 through a generous gift from Arnold & Blema Steinberg for outstanding Post-Doctoral students specializing in the area of immigration and refugee law. Fellows will work in a dynamic, bilingual and bijuridical environment at the Centre for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism, Faculty of Law, McGill University. They will benefit from the support of internationally-renowned faculty members including François Crépeau, holder of the Oppenheimer Chair in Public International Law.
The Steinberg Fellowships are valued at $50,000 per annum. This full-time Fellowship will begin on 1 September 2018 and will last until 31 August 2019. Successful applicants must hold a doctoral degree in law obtained within the last five years and will have an outstanding academic record. The ideal candidate must also have a solid track record of original research, a high level of proficiency in English, and must propose a research project with a clear focus on migration, mobility, or refugee-related issues.
- Originality, quality, and relevance of the project to contemporary global issues of migration and mobility.
- Ability to conduct legal research and perform other academic tasks substantiated by the candidate's previous track record of original
- research and publications.
- Availability and willingness of the candidate to participate actively in the academic life of the Centre for Human Rights and Legal Pluralism, including a commitment to be physically present in Montreal during the tenure of the postdoctoral fellowship.
- The candidate's desire and preparedness to pursue a career in human rights law and/or migration law, refugee law, and migration policy.
- Practical or professional experience working with migrants and refugees is considered an asset.
The deadline for Steinberg Fellowship applications is February 1, 2018. Further information and application instructions are available on the web at: Arnold & Blema Steinberg Post-Doctoral Fellowships.
More information in the enclosed file: